CONSTRUCTION SECTOR - OVERVIEW
Today, India is the second fastest growing economy in the world. The Indian construction industry is an integral part of the economy and a conduit for a substantial part of its development investment, is poised for growth on account of industrialization, urbanization, economic development and people's rising expectations for improved quality of living.
In India, construction is the second largest economic activity after agriculture. Construction accounts for nearly 65 per cent of the total investment in infrastructure and is expected to be the biggest beneficiary of the surge in infrastructure investment over the next five years. Investment in construction accounts for nearly 11 per cent of India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP). As opportunities in the sector continue to come to the fore, foreign direct investment has been moving upwards. The real estate and construction sectors received FDI of €216.53 million in the first half of the current fiscal year.
• Residential (Housing & Development)
• Industrial (Industrial Parks, Factories, Plants, etc.)
• Corporate (Office, Research Centres)
• Commercial (Retail: Malls, Shops, Showrooms; Hotels; etc. )
• Urban infrastructure (improved housing, water supply, sanitation, schools, universities, health & security, etc.)